Thursday, September 14, 2006

Kitty pi bed project

I've by now guessed that the consistent sabotage of my sock-knitting may well be caused by the cats lusting for a kitty pi bed. However, after buying lovely wool and gargantuan needles for the project I'm not much inclined to invest in something biggish and round for the blocking. And it will need to accomodate to longlegged cats who like to stretch out. So I've decided to make them an oval kitty pi using my laundry basket where the original calls for some tupperware pie thingy. Below are the calculations for the project, considering size of the basket, gauge and allowance for shrinkage - and ovalness. The cats have tried the basket on for size, and it looks just about right. However, I don't think its a good sign, that after three days of knitting I already refuse to follow a simple, easy pattern. But if the cats are happy - socks may be made.

No comments: