Thursday, October 18, 2007

All's Well That Ends Well

Or, to quote the great Lloyd Cole, nothing very good or very bad will ever last for very long.
Things didn't go quite as smoothly as expected.
The endoscopy itself went fine. It seemed.
I even went home by bus. Somehow they had the idea that my non-existent husband would come to get me, so they had not arranged transportation and in my still semi-sedated state I found it easier to climb on the bus than find a taxi.
And I had planned to be at work as usual Tuesday afternoon.
Instead I spent the early hours of that day in the emergency room.
All I have left to say to the odd woman waiting with me is that if you're wearing a pale blue coat it is a very bad idea to upset the girl vomiting blood any further by telling her that 1 in 200 endoscopies is fatal.
It's not only unkind but also rather unwise.
If only I had better aim.
And so I got to spend a bit more time in hospital than planned.
But all is well now.
I am home. I have happy cats and plenty of pills, and I have new pajama pants. Very pretty in white and blue with a thin silver stripe. Very pretty!
And I have no plans other than read P.D. James, knit socks, and admire the cats for a few days.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're HOME and able to recuperate with your family and the kitties. I'm sorry you had some complications with the procedure. I hope all is well now and you're path to getting better is a speedy one.

Take care

Birte said...

God bedring!!!

Batty said...

Oh no, I had no idea! I'm so glad you're home and doing better, how scary an experience that must have been. I hope you get to enjoy cats, knitting and reading in peace. You could use some R&R.

leo said...

i agree u should aim better (mean me). take care! peace.

Anonymous said...

Oh, dear! Here's hope for a quick recovery. I wish we were there to bring you good foods and things.

Unknown said...

I hope that you will feel well soon, and enjoy perfect health from now on - you seem to have had your share with this. Take care.

Eileen said...

Oh! How awful...but I'm sure your boys are helping you get much better.

I hope the pictures of their
"cousins" helped. The little men themselves are enriching our lives no end.

Get well sooooon! Sounds like you've got the right idea. And when you run out of P.D. James, pick up some Elizabeth George.