Tuesday, January 01, 2008

First day of a brand new year!

So the first day of 2008 is a bit grey and wet.
But for once I didn't wake up to the new year with a hangover and champagne breath.
New Year's Eve was spent in bed with pneumonia - and the cats.
Quite cozy in its own way, and it seems the entire neighbourhood shot their fireworks across our roof and my bedroom skylights.
And the cats did not bat an eyelid in spite of the noise and general mayhem outside. I was very proud of them, remembering too well my big red cat, Oscar, who hid in the farthest corner of the wardrobe most of the fireworks season.

And so I've had time to make big plans for 2008:
I will finish the Elfin Bride. I'm so very nearly there.
I will finish Elizabeth I. It's almost done.
I will knit the second Spiral Boot sock and give them to Katharina as planned, even if I’d rather keep them myself.
I will finish the City Coat even if it is hard work. It will be worth it!
I will finish the Saturday in the Park dress from Fitted Knits, even if it’s boring. It should be worth it.
I will finish the Hex coat, even if I’m mildly bored with it and the yarn seems a bit odd at times.
I will finish the Fitted Jacket-gone-tunic. I have a major crush on it and it’s very addictive knitting. I just have to read up on the dominating-yarn-thing.
I will finish the Cashmere lace blouse. It would be perfect for spring….
I will accept and embrace the fact that I suffer from a bad case of castonitis. That is not very likely to change. But I could of course try to control it a bit.
Once done with the WIPs I will knit the Knitted Robe of Insanity! I will!
And I will knit more socks.
I will take better care of my skin. By the end of January I’ll be closer to 40 than to 30 and so the days of going to bed without using cleanser and cream etc. are officially over. No matter how tired or drunk I am. I swear!
I will take very good care of my pancreas!
And remember to appreciate the fact that my inner bits and pieces are actually functioning perfectly again. And not cease to be amazed by the complex mostly-silent ever-busy wonder that is the human body.
I will spend less time online and more time outside.
I will read more for entertainment without reading less for education - meaning more fiction but not less non-fiction, just more pleasure reading.
I will be better at taking credit for my work. And learn to toot my own horn a bit.
I will learn to recognize flirting when I meet it.
I will try to work less.
And play more.

I will knit sweaters for the cats. Even if they’ll absolutely hate me for it.

And I will get my bachelor’s degree this summer! That one is certain.

4 comments:

YarnThing said...

That is a wonderful list for 2008. Good Luck with it all :-)

Marly aka Yarn Thing

Batty said...

I hope you have an excellent finishing year!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like great plans are in place for 2008!!! I hate to say it but don't forget to at least place MINI-updates for us on the blog re: your knitting, the gentlemen kitties and anything else which pops up. Selfishly, I do love checking in and reading your blog. But I also want you to be happy with your life and the choices you make. Take care.

P.S. Check out the Yarn Harlot (Kitty in bathtub story) and Zoom at Knitnut.net (she just adopted a 22lb orange kitty who is gorgeous).

Anonymous said...

Sorry forget to sign the last post.

from Mo