Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Baked tomato tarts :-)

I'm not the greatest recipe writer of all times. And I usually just wing it.
But here we go:
For tasty baked tomato tarts you need

Tomatoes:
Small tomatoes - they should be "meaty", vine tomatoes are good. As many as it takes to fill your tart cases.
Olive oil
Salt, pepper, fresh basil, a bit of dried chili (not much)
Cut the tomatoes in halves and put them in a low oven-proof dish before drizzling with olive oil and sprinkling with salt, pepper, a bit of dried chili and a small handful basil leaves. Give them a good toss before baking at 200 degrees (celcius) for half an hour. (They can share the oven with the prebaking tart case)

Mix
3 eggs
2,5 dl. sour cream
50 gr. Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper
a handfuld fresh basil shredded somewhat roughly.
(This is good for a normal sized tart or 3 small ones)

Pastry
You can buy perfectly good pastry for the tart case or make your own. I like mine with a bit of graham flour. And maybe a bit more Parmesan. I like Parmesan.

Getting it together
Sprinkle parmesan on top of the pre-baked tart case, arrange the baked tomatoes on top of this (leave the juice and oil behind in the dish) and spread the egg-mix before sprinkling a bit of extra Parmesan on top.

Bake for 25-30 minutes at 200 degr. C. until golden and set.
It's delicious both warm and cold. And it's perfect picnic food.
I'll have to see if I can remember how the nectarin tarts started.

3 comments:

Jory said...

Looks delicious- thanks for posting the recipe, I'm going to have to try this soon.

Batty said...

I don't care about your recipe-writing skills, that tomato tart looks amazing. I'll figure out how to follow your directions somehow. Yum!

Eileen said...

I am not usually a tomato person, but those tarts look gorgeous!