Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Sinus infection, Simple Sleeve and very amateurish yarn p0rn

I'm in bed with a nifty little sinus infection.
But the cats keep me greatly entertained as do the books, I picked up from the library on the way home from the doctor.
Alice Starmore's Tudor Roses.(Oh, how I want to knit Elizabeth I - and oh, how I want a man to knit Henry VII for. Sweater curse be darned.)
Last Minute Knitted Gifts, and Scarf Style - which greatly makes me reconsider my own "invention" for the Knit Your Bit KAL. And some more literature much needed for the exam paper I really should be working on. But my head is not working quite right with what feels like 24 kg of excess fluid oozing around in my head.
Instead I have made great progress on the Simple Knitted Bodice. It now has a sleeve!

I had read, here and there, that the sleeves are killers! So I thought I would switch to them after finishing the lace panel, leaving me some nice belly-knitting to do after the killer-sleeve knitting.
But either I didn't pay attention in the process, or it wasn't that bad.
I have started on the second sleeve now, hoping some mindless staying warm in front of the telly tonight will bring it forth.
And, oh the wonder, on the way to the pharmacy to get some very special antibiotics reserved for weaklings like me, who are hyperallergic to penicillin, I found this.
The Monster Clock Radio.

Not only does it show the time in a terrifying large manner (once I've figured out how to set the time), it also tunes into my favourite radio station (or I managed that) and while it will wake me up in the morning, it will also let me fall to sleep listening to Harry Potter read in the soothing, somewhat sexy voice of the brilliant Stephen Fry.
It has a CD player!
Hence the size and the ugliness.
And the postman brought some longed for yarn.
A lavendarblueish cosy wool meant for a cardiganny jackety thing for Katrine, hopefully as a real Christmas present, otherwise as a birthday present in January.

And some green silky tweed from Elsebeth Lavold, as greed quickly got hold of me once I started on the SKB and realized I could not live with just one thing knitted from the Silky Tweed.

No comments: