Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Yawn

The return of a week with 40 hours at work, 16 hours of university courses, 8 hours of public transportation (with no calm quality time for knitting or reading), and 12+ hours of preparing for courses (not including the three papers I'm working on in order to be well-prepared for summer's exams) has left me just generally tired and a bit overwhelmed.
Even if I really should be used to it by now.
It's nothing new.
I just wish I had witty insightful things to tell, or extraordinary evidence of knitting and sewing skills to show off.
Or at least just a pretty kitty picture.

But: nada.

Once that the work, and the coursework, and the cleaning, and the laundry, and the other practical, everyday things are done, there is not much batterylife left in me.
Still, if my camera had not vanished I could have proven that knitting is actually taking place - and that the cats are still as beautiful as they are bad.
I have cast on for the amazing Elfin Bride, even if it terrifies me as much as it excites me.
And I'm well through the front of Elizabeth I.
Mostly because ....
The Simple Knitted Bodice has me bored to tears. And I'm not even sure if I really like it.
And I don't think I want to finish Vigdis at all, a realization I wish I had come to before I was nearly done, having only the back to finish.

And I really should be working right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yowch! I hope you have some time for sleeping built in to such a crazy schedule...

A little pick-me-up will soon be on its way to you. Hopefully the Bad Cats will not decide that it tastes too good and claim it as their own!