Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The old fur project

I once inherited an old fur.
I do not quite remember when, where, or who. Could be my evil stepsister's husbond's stepmother.
Black astrakhan. Strangely cut, with narrow shoulders, narrow, illfitting sleeves, and too much bulk everywhere else.
I've never worn it. And while I would not buy a fur coat, I've never wanted to get rid of it either. The fur was first worn by a warm, breathing, living animal and as such should not be discarded because of bad tailoring.
So I've always thought that someday I would turn it into something else, someting fitting me a little better.
And now that it is growing increasingly chilly outside, now is the time. Especially as this week I have two full days off.
Which is such a rarity.
And should be put to good use - some of that good use will involve friends and fresh air, but also the old fur project.
I am in the process of taking it apart. Making it possible to see how much I have to work with.
I'm planning a short, fitted jacket. But how I'll cut depends on the result of the cutting apart.

No comments: