Saturday, October 28, 2006

Warmed and delighted by Rae's care-package

Yesterday I finally made it to the postoffice to pick up my package from Rae, who has spoiled me as part of the Hot Socks Swap extravaganza.
(Damn work and courses and having to pick it up at strange postoffice I've never been to before and had to look up on map before finding. Otherwise I could have brought home these delights much sooner.)
The cats were of course very helpful during the opening ceremony. The lovely yarn made Vincent, his usual graceful self, snort loudly in appreciation. I already have plans for them! The lovely lilac Lang Jawoll will become a pair of Fancy Silk Socks from Knitting Vintage Socks, while the wonderful white Louet Gems will become Aran Sandal Socks from Socks, Socks, Socks.
I love the Numi tea, and not just the tea itself, but also the clever, amusing packaging.
I had the Simply Mint last night before going to bed, and couldn't bring myself to dispose of the wrapping which I sniff every time I pass the kitchen counter, while smiling at the direction "While humming, bring fresh water to boil (....) Let the soothing taste warm and delight you".
It's heaven!
Only problem is, now I cannot decide if the next cup should be "Bushman's Brew" ("Unlike teas, Honeybush will not grow bitter, nor shall you"), or "Red Mellow Bush" ("Sip and dissolve your worries away"), or "Chinese Breakfast" ("Like you this tea is well-balanced"), or .....
Can you fall in love with teabags?
And then I have not even mentioned the lovely Chai spice tea!
Or the most beautiful post-it notes ever made.
And there are scented candles in my favourite scents - lilac and vanilla, how could Rae possibly know?

No comments: