Monday, March 05, 2007

Four needles in one day

I have the day off sick and even if the cats would very much prefer I stay in bed, I thought I would try to use the day well.
So I started on the from-jacket-to-bag-project.
Mostly because I could use a bag other than the Hayden Harnett wonder I carry around everywhere I go, but also so that I can show off something to prove that I live up to The Pledge.
Not having bought anything new isn't really enough.
The leather jacket I bought in New York 10 years ago and have worn spring to autumn ever since is no more.
It was torn and worn and had more than done it's duty.
Still there were patches and bits of leather here and there not worn to paper thinness.
And since parting with the jacket completely would nearly break my heart, I thought those bits and pieces could become a bag.
But four broken needles later all I have is a very pretty lining.
And all this is to become a lovely bag:
Once I have more needles.
So I'll just return to my knitting.

No comments: