Tuesday, March 06, 2007

The jacket gone bag

The bag is finished! I can barely believe it, but it is!
I had the old leather jacket, as already mentioned.
In addition to this I had an old thrift store bag, made from a strange, slightly greasy piece of crochet but with a gorgeous handle.
And when the handle met the bits and pieces salvaged from the old leather jacket, this is what happened:
With lots of lovely little pockets inside for keeping me organized. Or attempt to.
And breaking only one needle in the process.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow wow wow! Beautiful!

The Economist adds, "That's sharp!"

Love the contrast between the black leather and the handle. Not to mention the lining.

Nell said...

Looks great! Well done you!

And I am so going to try your scone recipe!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous, the bag looks absolutely amazing. Please make me one!

Chris said...

Hello, I am from California USA. Noticed you have a Domiknitrix button on your site. Some friends and I recently attended a knitting function where she was there doing a book signing. A lovely woman totally dressed in her domiknitrix attire. She signs her book with phrases like,"Tight sweaters save yarn." If you like her stuff you should check out http://www.whiteliesdesigns.com/
she really has some beautiful things as well. Please visit us at http://www.knitiotsofstockton.blogspot.com/
We would love to hear from someone from abroad. Take care and Happy knitting!