Sunday, April 15, 2007

I have....

First of all I have a new modem. The second new modem in one month.
The old one burned out.
The first new one did too.
But the second new one is still not burned out at all.

I also have what may very well be the most beautiful yarn in the world.

Recycled Sari Silk Yarn. It is gorgeous and shiny and so very soft and glistens in the colours of all the jewels of the world.
I am so very much in love with this yarn and pet it very gently while wondering if I ever can bear to knit with it.

It came in a box full of wonders (which Vincent the Helpful assisted in unpacking) from the lovely Linnea, along with a pattern for fingerless gloves and matching dpns and chocolatey goodness and a wonderful, beautiful and very inspiring book:

I've seen this book, and read a bit about it. But none of what I've seen or read has done it justice. It's so very inspiring, and I really like the focus on who, why and how rather than what.
And I will absolutely use it and try to do something good for someone - once I've done my bit on the five exam papers and projects I have to hand in during the next two months.

I also have cats enjoying the return of the sun.


And I have a garden which has exploded in colours and floral abundance this past month.

My gorgeous landlord isn't much the gardening type, so it's all a bit wild and left to itself - and it's probably the prettiest garden in the street, even if it's trying to escape through the fence:

And I wish I knew the name of this one:

It has a few days yet before it once again becomes this glorious fairytale tree of flowers, and then it will be only a day or two before same flowers are strewn across the lawn.

I also have made progress on the Elfin Bride. In spite of myself, and red wine, and a strong inability to properly read patterns.
But I plan (hope) to finish it this week, so that I can concentrate fully on the exams. It is the most interesting and exciting and beautiful piece of knitting I have ever encountered (not that that really says much, but still....).
And it's very addictive.

And I have two weeks before handing in the first exam paper/practical project.
And I have a cold, which may actually be some kind of hay fever.
And I have new shoes. Beautiful shoes.

And no actual news or interesting things to tell. At all.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm not sure, but that could be a magnolia tree. I hope you finish your Elfin bride and that it brings you good luck during the exams.

Matz said...

That's for sure a magnolia! And a very beautiful one!
Enjoy your garden, spring is coming, yeeeees!!!

Nell said...

That's definately a Magnolia! They are just beautiful aren't they? Especially the pure white ones. I've been thinking recently, as I see them whilst I'm driving about, how I wish we had room for one!