Thursday, April 26, 2007

There are things I just don't get

And one of them is now the point of subscribing to a magazine you either receive several months after publication date - or not at all.

A lovely friend gifted me with a subscription for Vogue Knitting in December.
However the first issue I received was the Winter issue, which would have been fine, if I had not had to wait until early April to receive it. Last season's wintry knits just aren't very interesting when every thing around you is yelling Freshly New Spring.
And I have yet to see the Spring/Summer issue, which came out late March.
And now my actual seeing the Spring/Summer issue of Vogue Knitting will require that I find a place to buy it as I received a very nice email from them saying that they "apologize that it is permanently out of stock".

And here I was in love with that paper chase dress and the heirloom baby knits (because I have a very new god daughter) and the lovely white lacy knits.
But that's just .... bah. Too bad. Because for some odd reason they forgot to send me my copy before they ran out.
So at least now I know there is no point in racing to the mail box to see if it has finally arrived.
Because it will not.

I wish I wasn't so very disappointed. As it is after all just a magazine.
About knitting.
With beautiful patterns.

But I do have more important things to think about, and I should, and it's still just a magazine, and so I will.

And I hope the nice people at Vogue Knitting don't expect a renewal of the subscription once this expires.

No comments: