Monday, March 05, 2007

Scones obsession

I have developed a slight obsession with scones.
Mostly because they are delicious and amazingly quick to make.
And my favourites are spinach/feta scones, combining yummy home baked goodness with vitamins and other good things.
I would like to think they are my own invention, but there may very well be others with the same idea.
This is how mine comes into being - and then quickly being eaten:
Mix
250 g plain flour with
4 teaspoons baking powder
Rub in
50g cold butter - I grate it in, making this faster and easier
Add
1 tablespoon dried herbs (I use a Mediterranean mix I got from somewhere) and
a small handful lightly crumbled feta cheese
I let
two frozen spinach balls thaw in a glass with
1 dl boiling water and add this with
1/2 dl milk
to make a soft but not sticky dough.
And as I have neither room nor patience for rolling and cutting I just shape 8-10 flat, round scones and place these on the baking sheet.
Bake 12-15 minutes at 225C
And it seems the nasty sinus infection has decided to return for a while and I'm staying at home, close to my bed, today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Making your scones as we speak! Although I don't think what I ended up buying was spinach... But still, they look tasty.