Monday, November 26, 2007

Bad lightning, bagged milk, and big blue eyes

This is really mostly for Linnea.

Sadly there will (most likely) not be any disco light in the laundry room.
It was just an excited, hurried not-very-good cell-phone-photo in bad lightning.
But I will get to use it.
And I still cannot wait.
They're still working on it, but I hope that come this weekend laundry can be done - not in the shower, not at the laundromat, but in the basement laundry room.

The bagged milk is ecological, and not non-fat. (I hate non-fat milk.)
And the bag works wonderfully. Surprisingly so.
I bought it because it was the only eco-milk in the store, and of course the bag itself made me laugh with wonder. And squish it. Gleefully.
It seems to close itself almost as if by magic, and the bottom is shaped so that even the last bit of milk is enough to keep it nicely upright.
(Milk never lasts long enough to go sour here.)
And the bag is made from nice environment friendly .... something chalky and some polymer-thingy. I'm sure it is explained here.
Very clever.
And since I'm easily entertained I giggle just looking at it.
And the yogurt was delicious!

This morning brought snow! It didn't last long but it was there.
But sometimes you just don't want to leave your nice and warm bed in the morning.
Not because of the weather, but because of this:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laurenz is so handsome. Are they cuddling more now that it's winter? Ito, who never in his 12 years of kitty life has deigned to sit on a lap, has finally decided that cuddling is for him. It's very endearing.

I've noticed that a lot of milk here comes in cardboard cartons that are unrefrigerated. And it is impossible to find skim milk, which is the only kind I will drink (and only then with chocolate to wash it down). So I'm leery of the bag milk. But the squishy bag business sounds appealing.

Thank you for the special post. I am tempted to get you a laundry room disco ball for Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Laurenz is such a sweetie!Totally irresistable!!!

Good luck with the laundry room. Hopefully its completed very soon.