Thursday, November 29, 2007

That was it

I'm never going back to the Crappy Call Center.
And the weekend is mine. All mine.
Christmas party tomorrow.
There is only one thing I'll miss about the Crappy Call Center and about working Sundays:
Every Sunday a beautiful elderly lady would be waiting at the busstop outside work, and I will for some odd reason miss saying goodmorning to her, and I will miss her smile and her goodmorning in return.
It was as if that very brief but repeated exchange of a smile and a single word was a secret we shared.
And I wonder if she will wonder where I am.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you could go bring her flowers.

Congratulations on The End To The Crappy Call Center. Now on to the party

Batty said...

Yes, maybe you should meet her at the bus station and just tell her what her good mornings meant to you.

No more Crappy Call Center. You go. This is the beginning of a new life for you!