Monday, November 13, 2006

Gmail freaks me out - and cracks me up

I love gmail. It's easy and friendly, and, well, easy.
However, I generally find myself confused and a little baffled by the ads, the super-targeted ads, which are generated by certain words in the emails I receive. I try to ignore them, especially as they do give me an eery feeling that someone is reading my mail - even if it's just a program.
And sometimes, although rarely, it is very amusing.
As today.
Headline "Dick Cheney totally hates you" (very gifted SF Chronicle columnist Mark Morford)
And the carefully chosen ads:
"ONE Disposable Underwear"
"CMI Erosion Solutions"
"Girl Underwear"
"The Proven CFIDS Cure"
"Environmental News"
"Under Pressure"
Because, naturally, when you think of Dick Cheney, your next thought is .... disposable underwear!
.... but "Girl underwear"?!
Well, maybe you have to know Cheney to know.
And gmail probably reads his mail too.

No comments: