Monday, November 27, 2006

Bed socks and a bit of Christmas spirit

Today i finished the bed socks I've been knitting for my lovely friend Katrine.

Using the incredibly delicious Regia silk which makes them ultra soft and .... a bit hard to part with.
They are to be part of the Christmas calendar I've put together for her.

As we are both orphans December can be a bit tough to get through, and I hope a small present a day will cheer her up.
Small things, and not so small things.
Portion-packed facial masks, as she rides her bike in all sorts of weather, which is rather rough on her skin in winter time.
A few DVDs, as she just recently got a DVD-player - America's Sweethearts, L'Amant, Amélie, the Pillow Book.
Small hurricane lanterns for her balcony.
Glass ornaments. Christmassy CDs. A beaded key chain. Chocolates. Goofy poems.
The grand finale being the bed socks.
I cannot wait to give it to her Friday.

3 comments:

Emma said...

The socks look gorgeous. Exactly like the ones in the book. I always thought those looked like luscious socks to knit. Great job!

chamomile said...

The socks are absolutely beautiful - I'm sure your friend will adore them.

Also, I am in love with your cats! They are so gorgeous!

veritas said...

oh, they are some socks!
and what a beautiful gift. she is one lucky friend to have someone make such a thoughtful gift.

*cuddles kitties*