Thursday, November 30, 2006

I've knitted a hat

I have fallen completely in love with Grumperina's Odessa hat. It was such a lovely, easy and fun pattern. And a nearly all too fast knit.
And right now it's actually a bit wet and drying after an incident with spilled tea and a quick wash.
Cheapish but surprisingly soft and pleasant superwash wool/acrylic yarn from the yarn store near work (where I quite often go to fondle yarn on my lunch breaks).
I have decided to attempt a slightly more mannish version for lovely colleague, who has been asking me to knit him something, anything - even a nose cone.
I do knit at work. In a strange way it keeps me calm and happy all through the day, or evening.
The hat is for Katrine.
As an extra little package for the calendar, which I can finally give her tomorrow. I'm not sure if the bed socks will be able to wait in their wrapping until the 24th. That's a lot of warm softness going unused while it's cold outside.
This very evening I have cast on for the beautiful Simple Knitted Bodice, using Elsebeth Lavold's Silky Tweed in black. And I'm terribly excited about it!
Sadly, Vigdis has been put on the backburner for a while, as I had to return the book to the library and cannot find the copy I made of the cable chart. And I do not dare try it out from memory. So untill the book returns to me or the chart shows up - no finished Vigdis. Unless I decide to test my memory or whatever skills may be needed.
I have also prepared for tomorrow's lecture - after a full day at work.
And cleaned the bathroom. And done the dishes. And played tag with the bad cats.
This weekend should bring more cleaning, more knitting, more reading, a bit of work, and hopefully also a bit of Christmas decorating, just for once.
And more playing with the cats.

3 comments:

veritas said...

i cannot help but notice you have a cy twombly link on your sidebar! ::shhhh don't tell, but i got my dear boy a cy twombly book for his bday...:: i saw the series of works at MOMA, and my lord, i still feel blown away by them.

Matz said...

Hi Alma!
I have the book where Vigdis is in it, but it's written in German. Does this help in some way?

I love your cat stories! Especially "Spidey", the picture of Vincent is so much what cats look like when they are pouting...

I hope you don't mind me putting your blog in my fave links!
Big hugs!

ZantiMissKnit said...

I love your Odessa! I never thought of doing on in cream. . . hmmm. . . could #4 be in the works?

Smooches to Vincent and Laurenz!