Sunday, June 24, 2007

PED and WIPs, but no FOs

I have been tired.
And wondering if there is such a thing as Post Exam Depression.
I have enjoyed the past week of having nothing to do other than go to work, eat, sleep, knit, and play with the cats.
But I have felt like a flat tire. A pretty worn down flat tire.
I have spend as little time as possible by the PowerBook, although I have been playing around with Ravelry, which is a dangerous place.
Not only does it confront you (that is me, actually) with your bad case of castonitis but it also makes you want to knit everything, looking at and admiring the many wonderful and inspiring FO's.
And reconsider your own.
I honestly don't think I want to muck about with short rows and things in order to make the Waist-cincher top wearable and so I have more or less just given it up as a bad job.
But for now I've just put it aside.
Instead I have come quite close to turning the heel on the second Monkey Sock, and I have started my second attempt at the Elfin Bride, this time in a wonderful, luxurious black cotton.
And I have given Elizabeth I a bit more attention.
So far I've actually finished the sleeves, and have come nearly halfway through the back, and it all looks terribly dull in photos. But I have made stitch markers.
Using cheap split rings and beads from the Big Box of Things I once meant to use for something and then forgot about.
And maybe, just maybe, I have finally figured out how to use my bad, old camera.
The laundry room is still a big hole in the ground.
But I'm getting pretty good at doing the laundry in a bucket.

1 comment:

Birte said...

Hejsa! Just found your wonderful blog (love the cat pictures!)