Wednesday, June 06, 2007

We're nearly there with the Waist-Cincher Top

I have finished the front and the back and one sleeve.
And I am now in the dreaded process of stitching it together, so that I can try it on before I knit a second sleeve, which may need adjusting.
Well, actually anything and everything may need adjusting.
The fake bust darts are ... fake, and serve no other purpose than decoration, and as I don't feel a strong need for holey decoration in the boobage department I have omitted them.
There is no actual shaping of the front top, and I'm slightly excited to see how that will fit. Well, hopeful more than excited, but still prepared for frogging and figuring out a way.
I gladly admit to being pretty impressed with my sewing it together. Except for the lumpy shoulder.
(I have to figure out how to do a not so lumpy one.)
And I wanted to show off the progress, if for nothing else, then at least to show something other than Laurenz sleeping.
But the cats are such camera bugs.
And I barely caught Laurenz before he dozed off.

First Vincent stepping around. (He has unusually long toes)

Then Laurenz suddenly getting sleepy. Again.

And then me giving up.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rodrigo likes your blog and thinks you should get a personalized tee shirt? Is this a tango man?

Personalized sweaters sound much nicer. I can't wait to see yours finished. Strange about the fake bust darts, though.

Alma said...

I don't know if Rodrigo is a tanguero. But he does like t-shirts.
At first I thought he wanted me to knit him a sweater....
Heck, my Spanish is limited to tanda and milonga ... and Adios Nonino.
The fake bust darts (at first I wrote bate dust farts and now I can't stop giggling)... where were I, yeah, a bit odd.
I'll have to give the cat a snack or sedate them when the finished thing needs being photographed, though.

Batty said...

It's kitty-approved. Fabulous.

Anonymous said...

Your boys make me wish I lived in Denmark! They are so lovely (don't tell Thai Shan I said so). I'd happily baby sit. =^..^= ...and I, too, find your bookseller rather endearing.

—Eileen (lindydiva)

Cinderelen said...

OMG they are so cute! !!