Tuesday, June 12, 2007

We very nearly have a curtain

I've lived here for two years.
Still I have not managed to do something about the curtain situation.
Mostly because of the windows being as they are - and for the non-existing need to keep out prying eyes.
However the "garish sun" is something entirely different, and it hits my favourite working-spot for a few hours around noon making it unbearably hot and nearly impossible to see the screen (not to mention my fear of an overheated PowerBook) - and I'm sweating over this paper already as it is.
But take an old Kenzo shawl and four pins and voila - you (almost) have a curtain.
Or at least some shade from the sun.
Very colourful shade, that is.
And now I can go back to work.

2 comments:

Batty said...

You know what? That's better than a curtain. Nothing like happy, colorful light to get one in the paper writing mood. If there is such a thing as paper writing mood, and I'm not sure that there is.

Anonymous said...

Oh, very nice! The light coming through is so pretty. In my old apartment I used a sari for a valance. Now I'm saving it in case it someday becomes fashionable for pale women of Scandinavian origin to wear them.

You're right about Rory needing a kitten. I keep on the lookout, just in case there are any homeless little cats around who need a good home. KMV protests, but he would be secretly thrilled, I think, if a small, purring furball were to suddenly join him on the couch.