Friday, January 26, 2007

Dinner preparations part one

I have been happily playing in the kitchen this afternoon preparing as much of tomorrow's dinner as possible.
So far we have marinated goat cheese to form part of the anti pasti nibbles.
The recipe is from the amazing ZantiMissKnit.
I realized I only have white balsamico, and since that meant I was already straying away from her directions, I decided to add a bit of shredded lemon peel and lemon juice (organic).
Two logs of goat cheese are hiding here:
Then we have tomatoes, to be baked slowly, and yet more garlic and basil. A third of the batch is represented here:
Completely garlic free is the tiramisu.
I wish I had not test-tasted the mascarpone cream - now I don't feel like eating anything else.
And we have dough resting over-night before becoming focaccia and grissini.
And chickpeas happily soaking.
So there is very little work to do tomorrow.

No comments: