Thursday, January 04, 2007

Great plans for 2007 (with insane number of pictures to prove I'm serious)

I have great plans for the new year.
Now that I am finally getting used to the idea that 2006 is another thing of the past.
1. Hand in exam paper in Digital Aesthetics.
Hey, I did that yesterday.
2. Hand in exam paper in Digital Communication Theory
To be done next week. I picked up the questions today and then have a week to do my cleverness. Hopefully.

3. Quit smoking.
Was done surprisingly easy when reading Allen Carr was combined with being very hungover from insane flood of champagne on the first day of this year.
Two out of three are down. Almost cheating. Yet all done in 2007.
4. I will finish Vigdis.
I am more than halfway through. Plan is to have "her" done come February.
5. I will finish the Simple Knitted Bodice.
I have finished both sleeves, but picking up the stitches for the neckline is killing me.
Still there is evidence of progress.


Including bottom-sleeve detail. I did not like the purling, so I chose to do 1 1/2 lace pattern repeat instead. And I like it.

6. Once these two are done I will knit Alice Starmore's Elizabeth I from Tudor Roses.
I have even splurged on some long-desired gorgeous merino/silk from Nydal for this.
These charming creatures have delivered the merino:

And as if my crush on the happy sheep wasn't enough:
7. I have fallen head over heels in love with this thing:

A knitted robe.
I think it is one of the most insane yet most beautiful knitted things I have ever seen, from "Romantic Style" by Jennie Atkinson.
And it has been chosen as my Big Project for 2007.
I have yet to get the book. And to find the yarn. (It takes a LOT of worsted weight wool/mohair.)
But come this time next year, I swear I will be deliciously enrobed. (And Vincent had better keep from the mohair in the future.)

8. I will finish the Old Fur Project.
9. I will do ashtanga yoga every day. Except Saturday.
So far not so very good. Hungoverness and exam-busyness has been in the way.
10. I will dance more.
And
11. I will do something about the state of my wardrobe.

This is embarrassing

2 comments:

Nell said...

I love that robe, I can totally see why it is on your list. Having said that, you are nuts!! :)

Caroline said...

Don't worry dear...my wardrobe, aka bedroom floor, is much worse!

Hope to see you make that beautiful robe one day...