Sunday, January 21, 2007

The Pledge

I have taken the pledge!
And not just any pledge, but:
The Wardrobe Refashion Pledge
I pledge that I shall abstain from the purchase of "new" manufactured items of clothing for the period of four months.
I Pledge that I shall refashion, renovate, recycle pre-loved items for myself.
I Pledge that I shall create and craft items of clothing for myself with my own hands in fabric, yarn or other medium.
I Pledge that I will share the love and post a photo of my refashioned, renovated, recycled, crafted or created item of clothing on the Wardrobe Refashion blog, so that others may share the joy that thy thriftiness brings!
And that for a four month period to start with.
Of course there is the Good Old Old Fur Project which has remained unfinished for so long. After cutting apart the fur, it came to a standstill.
Mainly because the sleeves were narrow to start with, and even had a strip of not too delicate black leather adding to width, and that has left me a bit puzzled as to what to do and how to do it.
And then there has been life in general, and knitting and cats and exams and work and things.
But now that I have taken The Pledge, things are going to change around here!
It is such a wonderful and inspiring idea.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the pledge! I took it due to loosing weight and decided to just belt the slacks/jeans that were too small until I could get into my goal size. This stayed in place 2 months while I lost about 10 # on a 5'1" frame equalling a few inches around me. Then my pal said, "Gee your jeans are sure baggy in the rear since you've lost weight!". Off I went to the discount store to buy a pair of tighter fitting jeans. Now, two months and 15 lbs. less, THEY are "baggy in the rear" LOL!
Did I mention that I hate taking things in through 4 layers of denim? Best of luck! KC in Tucson, AZ USA