Friday, January 05, 2007

A very good day and more Big Plans

Oh, this has been a wonderful day so far.
The cats have been cuddly and somewhat well-behaved.
I have actually done a very thorough synopsis for my exam-paper, so now all I have to do is fill out the blanks.
Which is still a lot of work ahead, but the framework is in place and that's important.
I have been to two yarnstores fondling mohair-blends with the Knitted Robe of Insanity in mind. Yet went home empty-handed. The abundance of available colours and variations on the theme of softness always overwhelms me beyond purchasing-ability.
And now:
I have a bread in the oven, already filling the house with lovely fragrant bread-ness.
And somewhat more importantly:
Earlier today I picked up my very own copy of Jennifer Stafford's Domiknitrix.

My very first, very own knitting book. The other's have to return to the library, but this will stay with me.
It is brilliant.
I think her articles on techniques and how-to are among the best and most clear I've seen.
Her writing style is precise and very pleasant to read - charming, and a bit tongue-in-cheek, which is rather refreshing.
The layout is beautiful.
Even if the title may turn some off, it reflects her attitude and personality (I think), while the book itself reflects her creativity and skills.
And the patterns are wonderful, and surprisingly classic yet original.
Which has added more Big Plans for 2007.
I do not think I can live much longer without the L'il Red Riding Hoodie or the City Coat.
And I dream of having the skills to knit the Elphin Goth.
Maybe next year.
Then:
I remembered, that some time in December I cast on for the Child's French Sock from Knitting Vintage Socks. And while pondering the exam paper I managed a few more repeats.

And now it's dark outside and raining, making it just the perfect thing to sit here, with a paper to write and very nice cheese to go with fresh bread.
With the cats all soft and snuggly.

No comments: