Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I've actually finished something

The Monkey socks are done.
I should get into some sock-blocking, as it would most likely make for prettier photos.
But, well, I think washing and wearing is all I really need. Still there may be some important point I'm missing. I wouldn't be surprised.
And I am now working on the Spiral Boot Socks, enabled by the lovely Linnea.
They are meant as a birthday present for the wonderful girlfriend of one of my best friends.
And I hope I will have them finished on time. Which is in less than two weeks.
Right now I doubt it.
But then there's always Christmas.
Filcolana's Arwetta is by now my absolute favourite sock yarn.
It is gorgeous.
The colours are incredible, and it's soft and wonderful to work with - and not at all expensive.
However I am using the also very, very lovely Regia Silk for my not-Cashmere Lace Blouse. And it works wonderfully.
As always my ribbing looks odd and wobbly, but as usual I trust it will straighten itself out with a bit of careful and hopeful washing and blocking.
Otherwise I'll just ignore it and still be happy.
I love this lace pattern.
The first of the eight rows has me entirely confused every single time. And then I feel utterly brilliant being less confused the remaining rows.
Even if it's probably one of the nicest, simplest lace patterns there is.
Gauge is a bit fun for this one.
40 sts and 40 rws to 10 cm in ribbing.
30 sts and 42 rws to 10 cm in lace pattern.
And that made me think sock yarn.
And for once I wasn't completely off target.
I have stitch-gauge perfectly, and it seems quite right row-wise too, but I will check that again. Later.
I cannot wait to finish this.
Just as I cannot wait to finish Elizabeth I.
Or the black Elfin Bride.
Or the City Coat.
I want more arms. Or learn to knit with my feet as well.
Or maybe just learn to finish things before starting others.

In the meantime the weather continues its unsummery oddness.
Today we have so far had very heavy rain, a bit of thunder, and now brilliant sunshine paired with strong wind - and a rare glimpse of blue sky.

2 comments:

Batty said...

Everything looks lovely! I love the Monkeys, the boot socks are something I just looked at yesterday and wanted to knit because they're beautiful.

The Teva top also looks fabulous. The ribbing will even out with blocking, I'm sure.
And did you know there's a Loop-d-Loop Crochet book? I had no idea, but then somebody pointed out to me that Teva does crochet, and next thing you know, I'm looking all over and saving my money.

Anonymous said...

The socks (both pairs) are really beautiful. Now I need to try that pretty yarn. Not that my sock progress has been very good lately. But I did break down and buy some 2.0mms for the Bayerische socks. And get the same gauge as for your top with the Regia Tweed. Lots of tiny stitches are satisfying, I think. So neat and small and perfect.

Another pair of arms (and the ability to concentrate on something for more than a few minutes at a time) would be really nice.