Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Rain and work, knitting and jumping

I have been at work every single day for the past ... 9 days.
Two more days, this included, to go before I have a full two days off.
So I'm tired and cranky.
More so because it has been terribly busy. Not just busy, but terribly so.
And as I'm currently working on both Elizabeth and the second Elfin Bride, and both require a certain degree of concentration I am saving the Monkey socks for knitting at work.
For which there has not been time.
And this is really not something I should complain about.
Even if knitting a bit does help during a long, long day.
But: I have finished the back of Elizabeth I!
55 stitches mid front are on hold, hence the slightly crumpled crookedness in the photo. She will be very pretty once done!
And I have cast on for the front. The sleeves are already done, and so she should be all fine and finished before .... the last Potter book comes out.
See, that's probably the highlight of my summer. The last installment in the Potter series.
(Sad, really.)
But: First sleeve is done on the Elfin, stitches for the second one has been picked up and I'm getting very close to the gusset cast-on. All very exciting.
(80% cotton, 20% cat hair)
Knitting the sleeves of the first Elfin was a bit of a drag after all the excitement knitting the body. So I've decided to finish the sleeves completely before moving on to the really fun part.
And the slight boredom of sleeve-knitting will let me finish Elizabeth I first. I think.
I have a serious crush on both of these patterns.
I think that the shaping and the details in both are in a league of their own, and I want to knit them both in every colour possible.
I could easily become the one who knitted the same two patterns for thirty years.
(But then my Ravelry queue says something different.)
I wish I had things to tell about travelling the big wide world, or whipping up a lace shawl, or something immensely interesting and fun.
But life these days is rain and work and knitting.
And a lot of jumping not to step on the myriad of snails occupying the sidewalks.
Some of them are pretty. Some of them are incredibly gross (but no less fascinating in the mind of my inner 5 years old). And both make me wish I brought my camera.
But then I would probably be late for work.

1 comment:

Birte said...

Elizabeth is so beautiful! OoooOoo the Harry Potter book, am waiting for that too!