Saturday, June 21, 2008

Mid-year look at the big plans for 2008

So, on the first day of this year I set up a list of great, big plans for this year.
And since Mid-Summer's Eve is nigh it would perhaps be a good idea to have a look at them.

I will finish the Elfin Bride.
It's finished. It's a bit tight around the chest, and I need to find a way to fix my cast off on the back, as it's a bit too tight. But otherwise it's finished. And very lovely.

I will finish Elizabeth I.
Erm,... I've frogged her. I could not figure out how far I had come, and I decided I would much rather knit her in the round. Besides it's a very enjoyable knit so I will start over - and maybe even finish her this year.

I will knit the second Spiral Boot sock...
I had completely forgotten about this. Probably because I want to reverse the spiraling and have yet to figure out how.

I will finish the City Coat even if it is hard work.
I know it will be worth it, but it still has a long way coming.

I will finish the Saturday in the Park dress from Fitted Knits, even if it’s boring.
It really is boring!

I will finish the Hex coat....
That's such an autumn/winter thing. It will get done in time, I think

I will finish the Fitted Jacket-gone-tunic. I have a major crush on it and it’s very addictive knitting. I just have to read up on the dominating-yarn-thing.
I have yet to read up on the dominating yarn thing, and steeks frighten me. But yes, it's fun, and yes, I'll get back to it.

I will finish the Cashmere lace blouse. It would be perfect for spring….
Maybe next spring.

I will accept and embrace the fact that I suffer from a bad case of castonitis. That is not very likely to change. But I could of course try to control it a bit.
I've chosen to just accept and embrace it.

Once done with the WIPs I will knit the Knitted Robe of Insanity! I will!
I may start a bit sooner.

And I will knit more socks.
There's still time for that. And more is a somewhat loose term anyway.

I will take better care of my skin. By the end of January I’ll be closer to 40 than to 30 and so the days of going to bed without using cleanser and cream etc. are officially over. No matter how tired or drunk I am. I swear!
I've improved a lot. Let's just keep it at that.

I will take very good care of my pancreas!
Oh, yes.
And remember to appreciate the fact that my inner bits and pieces are actually functioning perfectly again. And not cease to be amazed by the complex mostly-silent ever-busy wonder that is the human body.
Oh, yes.

I will spend less time online and more time outside.
I think this one has worked for me. But that's easy to say when the sun is shining and the park is green.

I will read more for entertainment without reading less for education - meaning more fiction but not less non-fiction, just more pleasure reading.
I do get great pleasure from reading non-fiction.

I will be better at taking credit for my work. And learn to toot my own horn a bit.
I'm doing much, much better in that department.

I will learn to recognize flirting when I meet it.
I still have to work on that one.

I will try to work less.
Ha! Not bloody likely, but now I actually enjoy it. A lot!
And play more.
Knitting is playing. As is teasing the cats. So, yes.

I will knit sweaters for the cats. Even if they’ll absolutely hate me for it.
I have not yet gathered the courage.

And I will get my bachelor’s degree this summer! That one is certain.
It was not as certain as that. Unfortunately. But it's OK.

So it's not madly impressive, but then it's always nice to know there's still room for improvement!

No comments: