Sunday, June 08, 2008

Sunday

I think I can say for all of us, that we love the new litter. As much as you can love litter, that is.

The dressmaking didn't turn out quite as planned.
I soon realized the satin is far too heavy for what I had in mind, and I also thought it better to spend the afternoon and evening and most of the night drinking white wine with friends.
And today I do not feel like sewing at all. It would require far too much thinking about what to do. And I'd rather just eat melon, drink strong mint tea, and knit.
Instead I've rummaged through the mess that is my wardrobe and found something wearable which will have to do.
It's not very summery, but it's fine. And I cannot stand myself when I waste too much time obsessing over what to wear.

The gold skirt is one of my favourite pieces of clothing. Ever!
But I've never worn it.
The silk is a very delicate silk and metal weave and I've always thought that it was either too pretty for normal day wear or too delicate for wild parties.
So I've just looked at it and stroked the fabric very lightly and hung it back. Every time, until now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, it is very pretty. Enjoy wearing it.

(And congratulations on the cat litter success.)

Anonymous said...

The skirt is beautiful. Enjoy!