Monday, June 23, 2008

Stormy weather and what happens when you try to sort your stash

It's madly stormy outside. Probably one of the more autumnal Midsummer Eves.
And I wonder if the summer is ever coming back.
The cats are cosy.
Very much so.
And I'm knitting Coviellos Ruffled Jacket from VK's 25th anniversary issue.
And I've never seen myself as a ruffle-kind of girl. But it is very pretty.
I attempted some tidying up this weekend which extended to sorting the stash (Oh, I have quite a stash by now), and I found this black aran weight wool which should have been a sweater but obviously didn't want to.
And that was the end to the tidying and the start of the Ruffled Jacket.
At present I have a sleeve and the left front, and that's insane as I only started it yesterday afternoon.
It really is a very pretty jacket - but the amount of seaming involved is crazy and the thought of it nearly makes me want to reconsider the yarn's vocation.
But only nearly.
I think it might be only a week or two before I have a brand new handknit jacket.
That's amazing!
The V-neck dress is taking forever and I'm currently in the middle of a very long, monotonous stretch of plain stockinette in the round. Boring.
So for now that is assigned to be knit only when waiting, watching something very interesting on the telly, or for transport.

Now I'm just wondering if I should cast on for another sleeve or the right front or the back. And when to set the alarm for tomorrow morning. The cats usually wake me up, but they're not fail proof.
I'm not expected to be at the office until 11-12, which allows for a lovely, long, slow morning - and some doing laundry and things. And cuddling soft morning cats.
But .... I'm just looking forward to going to work. And I don't know if I want to wait until noonish.
I have not been there since Friday, and it feels like a very long time.
And this is a feeling it's really very strange and hard getting used to. Actual looking forward to going to work.
After all that time dreading the other crappy job.
Besides there is fresh baked bread in the morning.
And sometimes there are bits of pineapple or fresh berries. Meant for yogurt but fine for just nibbling.

No comments: