Saturday, June 07, 2008

This weekend is for fancy new cat litter and dressmaking

Okay, this may not be as exciting as I think it is. But anyway:
We have new cat litter. Very fancy cat litter.
Apparently the cats recognized the bag from the pet store and thought I brought home food. But it was our new Fresh Haiyu Crystals. Stupid name.
It means I will only have to remove the poop.
And with a very fussy Siamese boy who sings songs on his way to the litter box to have me ready to scoop the second he's done, this will be an advantage.
And I'm tired of carrying home not only big bags of food, but also big, heavy bags of litter.

The two bags I've bought are meant to last a month, and thus they cost the same as, if not less than, the usual super market variety.
The bags have been thoroughly examined by the cat boys, with a good deal of rubbing against and sniffing and jabbing at them.
But when I brought the bag to the bathroom rather than their food bowls, I think I saw traces of disappointment.
They have both done a quick test pee, though. So there'll be no need for an adjustment period as it kindly says on the back of the bag (which I didn't read until after replacing the old litter with the fancy crystals.)
I think we're happy with the change.
Less waste, less carrying things, less scooping - and I think it's actually nicer for the cats to use.

Far more interesting is next weeks trip to Stockholm with the Big Investment Bank, for a day of getting to know our colleagues from the other countries and such things.
And there's a big party in the evening. I like parties.
But having nothing to wear I've spent an hour or two going through fabric stores today before deciding on a lovely heavy satin in an oystery colour. I have pretty beads and rhine stones and a very clear idea of what I want to make of it.

It's always a bit difficult dressing for work functions such as this, especially when the only hint at dress code is "festive", which can be interpreted in a myriad of ways.
And the first time you find yourself amongst all your colleagues and the big bosses you do not want to stand out for being under or over dressed.
So I'm aiming for something elegant and fairly simple - but not too simple.
And something to match my gold dancing shoes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The trip to Stockholm for work sounds exciting and a bit nerve wracking. I'm sure you will do a wonderful job on selecting your outfits for work.

HAVE A GREAT TIME!

P.S. The cat litter sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out. It's so funny about one of the boys "talking" on the way to his loo.

Eileen said...

Oh,don't I know about fussy Siamese boys! (Fa Sing feels the need to supervise whenever cleaning takes place...and then he hops in immediately for a test drive!)

—Eileen