Monday, June 02, 2008

Monday is work and fruit and black dye

Last year's laundry crisis was tough on some of my favourite clothes.
Either hand washing is harder on the fabric than I thought, or I did it wrong.
Maybe both.
So I've had a favourite black dress and a few favourite black t-shirts hiding at the back of the wardrobe in their faded sadness.
But with the arrival of summer I had to bring them out of their hiding place and into the dyepot before being put back to good use.
And rather than let it stay on the to-do list for ages it's done.
A bit smelly and messy and quite fun, and I really should have worn gloves.
But it's done.
And I feel unreasonably proud.
And I have fruit. Lots of fruit.
And I feel like I could launch my own little banana boat.
The cats are still furry little sun-worshipers, and I really need to remember to water those plants.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The dress/shirt (I can't tell from the picture) looks lovely and romantic, and of course I think I need one now. And am wondering what, from my closet, could be entertaining to dye.