Sunday, May 20, 2007

The clothespin theory and the Wonder Wash

This is mainly for Linnea.
I think you may very well be right about the clothespin.
If only one is being used. And I wonder how I can find so many things wrong with a pattern - and still want to knit it.
When hardly any of the original pattern will be left unfiddled-with.
But then it is beautiful.

As for the bathroom - no I don't think I will get to use it.
It is for my Gorgeous Landlord's very own use.
But it will be beautiful.
And now I think I have found the perfect solution to my laundry problems:
The Wonder Wash Portable Washing Machine
As a child I would spend my summers with my grandparents in their summer cottage.
No electricity, no hot water - and the bathroom was not much more than a bucket in the shed.
(But I cannot imagine a better place or a better way to have spent those childhood summers.)
And my grandmother had a washing machine very much like this.
While I do have hot water, and electricity, and a fine bathroom of my own, this would still be very useful.
And once the laundry room is done, some day, this wonder machine would still be fine for attempts at dying fabric and wool, I would think, and for the quick little pile of laundry.
And for felting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you could use the trick of going down a couple of needle sizes for mid-section shaping. Or something sneaky with the chevron decreases and increases. Or you could just wear it with a clothes pin and start a new fashion trend.

Someday I want to own a little red summer cottage like the ones that dot the archapelago near Stockholm. And hold great midsommar parties and not care about the lack of electricity. It sounds like a good retreat. So does moving to Italy, for that matter. Armed with a portable Wonder Wash, I think you would be set.