Sunday, May 20, 2007

The Seven Random Things Bandwagon

I don't want to be the only one not doing the seven random things thing.
1:
After many, many years of trying I still cannot tell left from right without thinking it over first.
When I just started doing yoga this meant that when our teacher said "and left leg ...." (for example) I would just start with whichever leg felt right.
And when he said " and right leg", there was a good chance I would choose the same leg. No time to think.
And I would be wondering why we always started with the same leg....
After my having been corrected a few times and after explaining my lack of ability to tell left from right, my lovely teacher started saying "and left leg - wall - ....or "and left leg - window".
As one side of the room had windows, and the other did not, and that solved it. For me.
At least in the shala.
I still don't have a driver's licence.
2:
I not-so-secretly dream of moving to Sicily to live in a small cottage near the ocean, and do nothing but yoga, read, knit, swim and eat much pasta and much fresh fish.
When not playing with my cats and my mohair goats.
I don't really need an MA to do so.
But I would probably need a bit of money.
3:
I'm not very tall. 164,5 cm. But then I'm also not very wide.
So I manage to look taller, most of the time.
And these help a lot.
4:
When working at Big Investment Bank, I was asked to find something special for the Friday's After Work Glass of Wine as it was someone's birthday, or we had a new big client, or something. I've forgotten exactly what.
But it was something needing special celebration.
And so I hired a balloon clown.
He was a big success once the initial surprise wore off.
Although I was later told a plate of tapas or something had been enough.
5:
I have such a huge crush on Roland Barthes.
I nearly blush speaking about him.

6:
I cannot eat anything I cannot clearly identify.
And I am generally suspicious when it comes to Chinese food.
7:
I have danced with Pablo Veron. A complete tanda.
Mmmmmmmmm

No comments: