Saturday, May 12, 2007

Saturday

So it is Saturday evening and in the ideal world I would probably be out in the world getting drunk on gin and being very charming.
Instead I got fed up with writing and took the longest shower in the western world before finding my very old grey flannel pyjamas and the Pride & Prejudice DVD.
Mind you it is the "new" version (with the incredibly adorable little stick insect Kiera Knightley) and I had not seen it before for lack of time and so I did a lot of skipping back because it is beautiful and because I had decided to treat myself to some sock knitting, and Clessidra is an interesting thing to knit and easily competes with even a beautiful film.
And I have red wine.
And crackers.
And cats sleeping.
And I didn't even miss Colin Firth. Or the wet shirt
...
Thinking about it I did miss the wet shirt.
But then again, you cannot always have it all.

No comments: