Monday, May 21, 2007

You cannot make a silk purse ....

Well, actually you can.
I have been wondering what to do with the gorgeous recycled sari silk yarn Linnea gifted me. (Bearing absolutely no resemblance to sow's ears, except perhaps for a fuzzy softness)
I thought about Calorimetry, as I could use a headband to keep my hair from falling into my face while doing yoga.
But the sari silk didn't want to be a Calorimetry. Nor did I really want it to become all sweaty.
But by then I had become fixed on the idea of bringing the sari silk yarn with me to the shala. In one form or another.
And so it became a purse.

I have for a long time wanted something to hold my money, phone and jewelry (and keys and iPod) during practice, as the changing rooms are most often unlocked and unguarded.
Shoving them into the bottom of my yoga mat bag is possible, but not ideal, and I want to keep the things with me without disturbing visually or otherwise.
And this is perfect.
The yarn became a bit fuzzy, probably from all my petting it lovingly.
And it was amazing to see the colours appear and blend.
It still is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, yay! How pretty. That just completely made my day. Thank you.