Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Some days are better than others

And so today has been very good so far.
I've baked oatmeal biscuits and done laundry (in bucket in shower).

And I've had my synopsis approved and made progress on the paper on Cézanne - Cézanne put into a neuro aesthetic frame with focus on cognition and perception.
The dying of the harddisk allowed me to reconsider the subject of this paper. And I chose to make a complete change.
And now I'm flirting with Cézanne again.
I fell in love with him last year and am strangely excited about this paper, especially as I'm still in the process of making up things and finding out and investigating.
And reading more than writing. Other than the stray thoughts and things to remember and wild ideas.

And I've done the dishes and knit a few rounds on Clessidra, (which looks black and boring right now and is covered in cat hair, but will be lovely and warm and is at some point to meet the lint roll).
And I've invited our gardener up for tea (and biscuits) as she's really, really interested in meeting the cat who barks at her.

And I still have a few hours left to do things before going to the library (to pick up Erika Knight's Glamour Knits and some more neuro psychology - and returning a few overdue books) and then to work.
And the sun is shining.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rory does the same thing at our angled window. It took the poor cat a while to figure out that he could not effectively jump up and actually stay on the ledge. But now the bookshelf provides a good spot for bird-watching and a starting point for general kitty havoc.

Eek, laundry in the tub? Did I miss something about a terribly washer explosion? At least I am glad to hear that you are happily writing what sounds like a very interesting paper.