Thursday, May 03, 2007

Thrifty goodness

I have not had time to do much about The Pledge.
But as I'm still waiting for the verdict on the hard drive, while still swearing at Vogue Knitting and, more important, still pondering whether or not to start the great rewriting of exam papers, I may get just a little bit done in the sewing department.

I brought home a bag full of goodness from the local thrift store yesterday.

Two men's shirts, in luxurious white cotton, which I intend to turn into something much less masculine and much more suitable for the hot summer days ahead.

And I found a white table cloth which may become a dress or maybe just a tunic-like thing, as it is a bit smaller than I thought (cats helpfully wandered in to indicate scale).

And if this wasn't enough I also got a set of bedlinen, with one stripey side and one blossomy side. This is now destined to become a pajamas.

All for the Danish equivalent of $10. Benefiting the Red Cross, and thus making me feel a little bit guilty for not paying more, but the lovely little old lady insisted that was the price.
I hope to get something done about it this weekend.
Starting with the first white shirt, once washed and ironed.
Even if laundry these days is something done in a bucket in the shower.

No comments: