Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Vincent and the Purple Roving

Actually I am not sure if it really is roving.
Was roving, that is.
(If roving is the correct term.)
It was a lovely purple merino wool and according to the sign in the yarn store it was perfect for both felting and spinning.
And I meant to send it to someone in Germany along with a yoga dvd.
But that was before Vincent found it.
While I was in the shower.
I don't know if the wool benefits from being grunted into, chewed and stomped on (I know next to nothing about spinning).
If not it is beyond salvation.
And in that case I could just as well just let the happy cat stay happy - and just document.

Still suitable for spinning?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. I don't even know what to say - I'm laughing too hard. What joy for Vincent - I see a career in felted knitwear in the future! What beautiful stuff. I do not know if it still spinnable, but if it became a bulky, chunky yarn it would make for very good felted cat toys.

Lauren, by the way, has completely taken over the fluffy blue fish that you sent. The cats tried to play with it last night and she chased them away then trotted out to the porch with it, where she lovingly gnawed and "protected" it under a chair...

Kristy said...

Substitute a 100lb Great Pyrenees in place of your cat -- 'tis a scene I'm well familiar with, lol!

Grab a drop spindle and give spinning a try! You might get frustrated with it for a bit, but stick with it! Check the knittyboard spinning forum for tips :)

You'll be shopping for a wheel in no time;)

And just think.... If you learn to spin, you can spin up some of Vincent's hair;)

Batty said...

Try spinning it, but if the cat overworked it, I suppose it could still be used for needle felting. Not that I've ever actually done needle felting, but it's the only thing I can think of.

I'm so sorry, but the video really cracked me up. There's something inherently amusing about a cat tearing into roving with such gusto!

Anonymous said...

Hey, do you need a spindle? Because I have a home-made one that is currently decorating the kitchen, and although it is not exactly perfect, it does the job. So if you need it, let me know, and I will happily send it along.